July 2, 2009

Three Years and Two Days Ago....

Three years and two days ago Jeremy got down on one knee and proposed to me in front of several of my friends and family. I remember calling Ashley the day before we were suppose to go to Murray and telling her that I thought that Jeremy was going to propose. She completely talked me out of that idea and I felt really stupid for even thinking that we was going to propose.

Well, less then 24 hours later I remember seeing Jeremy go down on one knee and I grabbed Ashley's hand and squeezed it! I really have no idea what came out of Jeremy's mouth. For all that I know he said "Blah, Blah, Blah. Will you marry me?"

After we got done with dinner at Tom's Grill with my mom and Dewayne. Jeremy and I met back up with my Murray friends at the Big Apple. Allysia had to check out the ring to make sure that it wasn't fake. Jeremy assured her that it wasn't. Jeremy being Jeremy asked the waitress at the Big Apple for a piece of paper and a pen and we started planning the wedding right then and there. Can you believe it that our wedding plans started out on the back of a food receipt?! On Jeremy's cell phone we looked at the calendar and picked out a couple of weekends that would be good. One of the weekends that we choose was Mule Day in Columbia, TN so we choose not to go with that weekend. It's amazing what you schedule your wedding around! :)

Here is a picture of Bruiser, Jeremy and I at The Bark in the Park the day after we got engaged.
Here is to the past...without the past we would not be where we are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment