July 25, 2009

The Goat Mom and Her Mom

After my mom read mine and Braxton's compatibility post she asked me to see how compatible she and I were(are). Ummmmm, this is going to be interesting to see what the stars have held for us over the past 26 years. I bet that I could tell you what Parents.com is going to say. It is going to be something like, "Your daughter is very strong willed/hard headed and there is going to be no controlling her so just give up now and take cover!" :)

What Parents.com says of my mom as a mother:
Aries moms are courageous and intensely protective -- there's nothing you wouldn't do to ensure the safety and happiness of that gorgeous child of yours. And your poise and self-assurance equip you to deal with mommy-challenges (like a willful babe) head-on. But it's also easy for you to become impatient and quick to snap when irritated, so remember to count to 10 before acting when frustration seeps in.
Aries moms tend to be naturally athletic and to enjoy the outdoors, which is a big bonus when it comes to running around after an active tot. You will likely be a great role model for your child to stay active and fit, but know that he or she may not always be able to keep up with your boundless energy. The good news is that you're also a great motivator, so you'll have no problem encouraging your child to try new activities and engage in new kinds of play. Aries moms are also adventure-loving, but as a result, the daily routine of parenting can sometimes wear on you. Remember to carve out some "me-time" away from baby, partner, and your household responsibilities for something fun.

So where do I begin with how wrong most of the above statements are?!
1-My mom is so NOT athletic!
2-The staying fit thing was a lie as well.

There were a few points that were true...my mom did do a good job (yes, I just said that) at encouraging me to try new things. And I am sure that being a single parent did wear on her since I was a "willful" child.

What Parents.com says about me:
Conscientious, responsible, and sensitive, Capricorn babies care a great deal what others think about them. They're ambitious, and need positive reassurance from the start. Set your little one up for the big success they crave by helping them master new skills in private before having him show them off to your friends. If she stumbles when trying to take her first steps, fend off frustration by teaching her the old adage: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. And don't hesitate to praise her.

I do need positive reassurance! A pat on the back goes a LONG way with me.

What Parents.com says of my mom and me:
Well, I couldn't get that information because it wouldn't let me put in my birth year of 1982. I guess that Parents.com thinks that if a child was born in 1982 that both the parent and child already know if they are compatible or not. So here is a recap of the years of compatibility for my mom and I:
0-7 years = compatible
8-25 years = NOT compatible, barely able to be in the same room for longer then 30 minutes at a time.
26 years-present = compatible again thanks to the understanding the I now have gained since having a child of my own.

One of my favorite photos of June 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment