July 26, 2009

"Paging Lauren Head"

Jeremy and I believe that Sunday is a day to spend with God and your family (and sometimes shopping and golf). Today The Head Family and Bee Bee visited yet another church in our quest to find a church family. When we were walking into St. Mark's Methodist Church Jeremy saw a fraternity brother of his so already this church is WAY better then other ones that we have visited. The service was very nice and it looks like that have several different opportunities to get involved in at the church and a great kids program. This could be a winner! If you think that church was the most eventful part of our day keep reading.

After we went to lunch at Demo's we needed to make a quick visit to Sam's Club for some groceries. Bee Bee decided to stay in the car with Braxton so that we could make a quick trip. Jeremy asked if she wanted him to keep the car running and the answer was no. (Mistake #1 if you are counting.) Jeremy decided to leave the keys with her in case she changed her mind. When I got out of the car I decided to lock them in, just to be on the safe side. (Mistake #2. Can you see where this story is going?!) We went into Sam's for hamburger meat and chicken breasts. So the first place that we stopped at was a display case with an iPod for less then $50. (No, it didn't make it into our shopping cart.) "Paging Lauren Head, please come to the Service Desk." Jeremy asks if I heard that. Of course I was to intrigued with the iPod and I didn't pay attention to the page. I said, "Why would I have been paged? If my mom needed me she would have just called me on the cell phone." Jeremy being Jeremy decided to call my mom and check in. There was no answer so we continued shopping. (Mistake #3) Our next stop was by a 32 inch flat panel TV that was less then $500. Gosh I LOVE Sam's Club, but no we didn't buy the TV either. Now onto the Meat Department to get what we actually went to the store for.

Before we got to the check out counter we heard the page again. I didn't think that they said "Head" it really sounded more like "Ned." Jeremy decided to go to the counter to just make sure, but before he could do that a Sam's Club employee came up to him and pointed to me and asked what my name was. Then the employee said, "The baby is fine, but your mom locked herself out of the car." WHAT?! What did this man just say?! Jeremy rushes out to the car and I continue to check out.

As I am walking out to the car with five pounds of meat in my arms I see Jeremy standing on the back tire reaching in the back window that was slightly cracked. I also see about five other people standing around the car and one of those people was my mother. Yes, my mother who was suppose to be sitting beside Braxton INSIDE the car was on the outside. About that time I hear police sirens. Sam's Club had called the police and told them that a one month old was locked inside of a car. When the officer pulled up he pulled out this really cool gadget that used and air pup to crack open the door and another tool was used to unlock the door. Well, that was how it was suppose to go, but they couldn't get enough pressure on the unlock button. So I'm still standing there with the meat in my arms and I made the brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea to just have the officer use the tool to grab the keys that were still sitting on the middle console. The officer was able to hook the tool around the keys and pull them through the opened window. We unlocked the door and quickly turned on the air for Baby B. Jeremy told the officer that he had left Braxton in "responsible" hands and asked the officer if there was some paperwork that he needed to fill out. Jeremy just knew that we were going to be reported to child services because of this incident.

*Bee Bee is now on administrative leave and her case is being reviewed. Remember, Bee Bee is presumed innocent. :)

UPDATE: Bee Bee's record has been expunged because she has signed up to go to a Grandparents class at a local hospital. She has also been instructed to re-read the grandparenting magazine that I highlighted for her a few months back.

No comments:

Post a Comment