May 7, 2009

Bad Bruiser!


Jeremy and I usually commute together to work. Today we didn't because I felt like I needed to get some more time in at work to get some projects completed. Then about 4:50P I got a call from Jeremy asking me to come home. He went on and told me that Bruiser decided to shred the aluminum cans that were by the refrigerator that I was recycling. Jeremy said that the cans were all of the living room floor. Bruiser's gums were cut due to him "playing" with the cans so there was also blood all over the carpet. (Thank goodness that we have recently invested in a steam cleaner!)

When I got home Jeremy's comment was, "Lauren, you gotta stop trying to save the Earth. Please, just let the cans pile up in the landfill far away from Bruiser." The Vet told us not to give him anything to make him throw up or poop it out because the aluminum could cut him. Instead his suggestion was to give Bruiser a few pieces of white bread to help absorb the small pieces and to pass them easier. So now we get to play the waiting game. Oh, so much fun I can hardly stand it!

4 comments:

  1. oh my! Bruiser!!! Bad Dog! Lauren, Good Mommie for recycling! Jeremy! Take that mess to the recycling center like a good daddy. LOL. Update us on how Bruiser is doing. GOOD dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update time...Brusier went to work with me because the Vet said that we needed to monitor him. Bruiser at the office = stressful day for Lauren! Saturday morning we woke up to see that Brusier had thrown up 3 BIGGGGG pieces of aluminum. He ate breakfast fine and after Jeremy did a little research on the internet we decided not to take him to the Vet's office. I have a feeling that becoming aluminum free is going to be a loooooong process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a week ago today that Bruiser decided to act like a goat. So.....guess what Jeremy came home today?

    Bruiser had thrown up more can parts in the living room! Well, atleast he is getting it out of his system. (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep him away from Lulu, she's a boredome bad girl. I think they would be a bad influence on each other. Latest damage Cole's glasses, yeah the $600 ones that I thought he needed for sports...Momma not happy at the boy or the dog!
    Les

    ReplyDelete