September 27, 2009

Coming Home

When we dropped Braxton off in the morning I only teared up a little bit. The reason why I was crying wasn't because I didn't want to go back to work (I love cj and cj loves me) and it wasn't because I would miss Baby B terribly (even though I did). The reason why I teared up was because when I bent down to kiss him goodbye the daycare worker (who my boss now calls Smokey) smelled like cigarette smoke. "Oh great, an ear infection is just around the corner for us" is what I thought. (Since I am soooo far behind on blogging I can call that statement foreshadowing.) I only called the daycare once that day to check on him. They told me that he was a little fussy, but that he was doing okay. When 3:59P came rolling around I already had my stuff packed up and ready to go. We had dropped Braxton off at 6A and I was beyond ready to see him!

When we walked into the Gumdrop Room (they name the different ages different types of candy) Baby B was wailing! We quickly picked him up and he calmed down. The daycare worker (not Smokey) told us that they could tell the he was use to being held most of the day. Nope! I'm not going to apologize for that! They will just have to get over it and Braxton will slowly learn that he can't be held all day long.

Not only was it a long day for Braxton, but Bruiser too! Jeremy and I had talked about what we thought Brusier would think when all of a sudden Braxton and I weren't at home during the day. Obviously Bruiser didn't enjoy it as much as we thought because he was waiting by the front door when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment