October 27, 2009

The Maid I Am Not!

I always thought that cleaning could kill me....and last night it almost did! I decided that the kitchen needed to be cleaned and it needed to be cleaned right then and there. (Sometimes I wonder who has more OCD tendencies, Jeremy or I.) The dishes were put away, the dishwasher was reloaded and started, the cabinets and table were wiped down with pledge, the counter tops cleaned as well, we had the washing machine and dryer both going...then I got the great idea to clean the oven.

We have lived in the house for about 3 years and I'm pretty sure that I have never cleaned the inside of the stove. Jeremy being Jeremy said, "Well, it's not like the stove gets used a lot." I gently reminded him that even boxed dinners (like we eat a lot) have to be made in the oven. I had to call Jeremy's mom to see what I needed to do and to see if Bruiser would be okay. She said that we were good to go so off I went.

Needless to say after about 30 minutes into the 4 1/2 hour self clean mode Jeremy was coughing and my eyes were burning. Even after we had opened up four windows in the kitchen, one window in the living room, turned the fan on in the living room and the fan on above the stove we were still in not able to breath all that well. We grabbed the air purifier, Bruiser and Braxton and barricaded ourselves in the bedroom with our windows open and the fan on high. Oh course this was the first time that Braxton decided that he didn't want to sleep in the swing. Jeremy had to put up the pack-in-play in our room.

The moral of this story....cleaning can kill you (or at least make you cough and your eyes water) so it's best to leave it up to the professionals!

1 comment:

  1. do what I do: don't clean :P it is safer that way- hahahahaha! Miss the Heads!!! xosb

    ReplyDelete